GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We hope intend that you receive the best service form us but if you feel we can improve upon this please do speak to us and let us have your ideas for improvement.
In order to help ensure that you know what service you can expect we’ve laid out some general terms and conditions. Please be sure to read them carefully. By purchasing from Radiator Renovator you agree to these terms and conditions.
As you will see below there are some instances where we are happy to consider some flexibility, Please do ask if you have bespoke requirements that step outside our usual policy but do remember that all such agreements must be confirmed in writing.
- The customer accepts Radiator Renovators terms and conditions and returns policy in their entirety
- Although Radiator Renovator is happy to offer advice it is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy themselves as to the suitability of their choice of purchase
- Customers must satisfy themselves of their own property heat efficiency and BTU requirements
- Stated BTU output of renovated radiators are for guideline purposes only and are not guaranteed
- Any quoted sizes are provided for guidance only. Due to the nature, and production process of these radiators, tolerances are to be expected and we strongly advise the customer to always have the actual product on-site prior to any pipe-work being installed.
- Customers may reserve off the shelf purchases by payment of a non returnable deposit. Items can only be reserved for a maximum of 2 weeks. (Radiator Renovator may extend this period at its own absolute discretion; extensions must be confirmed in writing)
- In cases where radiators are ordered to the customers own specification a deposit of at least 20% of the final purchase price will be payable before work is started. Deposits are non refundable once work has started (Radiator Renovator may vary this by prior arrangement at its own absolute discretion; variations must be confirmed in writing)
- Any item stored by Radiator Renovator after its completion on behalf of the customer will be entirely at the customer’s own risk. It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy themselves of the condition of the item prior to storage. Radiator Renovator cannot be held responsible for any subsequent damage.
- Finished radiators must be paid for in full and collected within 1 week of completion. (Radiator Renovator may extend this period at its own absolute discretion; extensions must be confirmed in writing)
- Any item remaining uncollected after the 1 week period (or other confirmed period) will be disposed of at Radiator Renovator’s absolute discretion
- Radiator Renovator cannot not be held responsible for any breakages resulting from transportation where transportation has been provided free of charge or where provided by a third party.
- Radiator Renovator will not offer plumbing services and cannot be held responsible for breakages incurred during the fitting process.
- For further information relating to our Terms and Conditions see our FAQ.
PAYMENTS AND CHARGES
We’re fairly easy going here at Radiator Renovator, we always welcome you to speak to us about how you can pay for your cast iron radiators but there are some rules that are not negotiable. (we like to go to Tesco at the end of the week too!)
- All purchases must be paid for in full before collection or delivery
- Finished radiators must be paid for in full upon completion of work and collected within 1 week of completion. (Radiator Renovator may extend this period at its own absolute discretion; extensions must be confirmed in writing)
- Radiator Renovator will not release goods before full payment is received.
- The customer will pay for all transportation costs in accordance with the agreed charges before purchases are released.
- Radiator Renovator recognises that customers can sometimes miscalculate their resources, we are always happy to discuss payment options with the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to approach Radiator Renovator in such instances. Any such agreement will be made at the absolute discretion of Radiator Renovator
- Radiator Renovator will apply a reasonable administration charge for all communications necessary for the collection of any outstanding debt: Current rates: Telephone call – £5.00, Emailed or posted standard reminder – £20.00, Specific emailed or posted letter – £35.00
- Radiator Renovator is a SME entirely dependent upon timely receipt of income. As such we operate a strict policy of discouraging bad debt by vigorously perusing unpaid invoices. Ultimately we will pursue payment through court action or refer the debt to a collection agency.
- Radiator Renovator does not offer a payment on account system.
- A charge of £10 plus vat will be made for each customer’s own un-emptied radiator reaching us which potentially causes water damage in our workshop (see terms and conditions for renovating customer’s own radiators)
We know that your radiators are heavy, we’ve been lifting them for years. You should always give this consideration when buying or repairing cast iron radiators. Here in our workshop we have all the heavy lifting equipment necessary but the simple fact is that your home is an entirely different scenario. You will need to plan ahead and have appropriate assistance on hand to help you move your radiators. Most couriers operate a single driver operation and whilst we can collect and deliver, we’re simply not able to work in your home or know what obstacles might face us once we get there. We therefore have some simple rules.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that the point of delivery is suitable for their choice of purchase – i.e. that the item can be safely delivered to that point without causing risk of injury to any person.
- Radiator Renovator staff reserve the right to refuse to continue with collection or delivery or assistance in collection or delivery if they suspect risk of injury to any person should delivery continue past that point.
- Where collection or delivery is agreed Radiator Renovator will only be responsible for collection and delivery of item(s) to and from the nearest safe and legal point of public highway or suitable private road (with permission from the owner) to the delivery address.
- Although we are more than happy to consider helping you get your radiator to and from the exact point you require this is entirely at your risk and our own discretion; it must not be viewed as part of the delivery or collection service
- The customer will be responsible for ensuring adequate assistance is available at the point of collection and delivery
- Radiator Renovator cannot carry radiators into customer’s homes and adequate arrangements must be made by the customer to do so
- In some cases Radiator Renovator may introduce or signpost the customer to a third party assisted couriers service. It is t he customer’s responsibility to ensure that such third party carries suitable insurance, etc.
- Unless otherwise stated and confirmed in writing collection and delivery will be anunassisted palleted service.
- Radiator Renovator cannot be held responsible for faults or incidents caused by third party couriers.
- No refunds will be given in the event of unsuitable or unsafe access
- Radiator Renovator accepts no responsibility for services provided by third party couriers and the customer will be responsible for any liaison or negotiation with such
- (Not-with-standing our returns policy) The customer will satisfy themselves of the condition of their purchase upon delivery or collection.
QUOTES & ESTIMATES
We often prepare quotes and estimates. We are disinclined to offer verbal quotes or estimates on the strength of a quick phone call because we think this does a disservice to you.
Quotes are usually given when we know the exact amount of work required beforehand whereas Estimates are usually given when we cannot be confident of the exact amount of work required (such as refurbishment). We are often dependent upon the information supplied by the customer so it’s important we spend time getting it as accurate as possible.
- Quotes and estimates are valid for 28 days only.
- Where the customer has provided information for the purpose of preparing a quote or estimate, Radiator Renovator reserves the right to alter the final cost by up to 20% should the information provided by the customer prove to be incorrect.
- Should any information provided by the customer for the purpose of preparing a quote or estimate be incorrect by greater than 20% such quote or estimate shall be rendered invalid. Radiator Renovator will cease work until such time that an updated estimate of final cost or quote can be agreed. The customer will be responsible for all costs up to that point. Renewed costs must be agreed within one week.
- Unless otherwise stated quotes and estimates do not include work on or supply of radiator ancillaries (in full or part) such as wall ties, separate feet and valves.
- Unless otherwise stated quotes and estimates do not include pick up or delivery
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RENOVATING CUSTOMER’S OWN RADIATORS
We are happy to undertake work on your own existing radiators. We take pride in what we do and want you to enjoy your finished radiator(s). The vast majority of our repair work is 100% successful. However, the customer must be aware that the process(es) sometimes require the application of extreme force and heat and the use of corrosive chemicals.
You should also be aware that there may be a latent fault within your radiator which may be exacerbated by the refurbishment process.
Although we take the utmost care, the nature of these processes can result in unavoidable damage for which Radiator Renovator cannot accept responsibility. Although very rare you must accept that some of the forces employed when working on your radiator can be extreme and (on occasion) may damage part or all of your radiator.
If we are commissioned to refurbish or renovate your own radiators we will agree a final price for the work to your radiator(s) before they are collected or delivered from your home or place of storage. They will be tested or inspected for faults at the beginning and end of every process. This is to reduce the cost to you. If a fault is found the process will be stopped or delayed and you will be charged only for the work undertaken to that point. However, on rarer occasions, faults may not be noticeable until all work is completed and the customer must be prepared to accept this.
Before we start work on your radiators we will require you to pay a deposit of £50.00 (plus any transportation costs) per radiator.
Terms and conditions
- The customer will remove the radiators from any working system (including valve stems) ready for collection by or delivery to Radiator Renovator.
- The customer must ensure that radiators a properly drained prior to being received for repair our workshop; failure to do so often results in damage to our work surface, tools and work wear. This also causes discomfort for staff and usually necessitates an extraordinary cleaning exercise. An additional charge will be made where this is not the case.
- The customer will pay any deposit before collection.
- The customer will pay for all transportation costs in accordance with the agreed charges.
- Radiator Renovator will not be responsible for any breakages resulting from transportation or the refurbishment or renovation process.
- No sub-contractor will be responsible for breakages resulting from transportation or the refurbishment process.
- The customer will be responsible for payment of all work undertaken by Radiator Renovator and/or any subcontractor even if work is unsuccessful.
- Radiator Renovator will not undertake any work if the customer’s radiator is found to be faulty prior to the commencement of refurbishment.
- Radiator Renovator will stop the refurbishment of customer’s radiator(s) immediately if any damage is known to have occurred resulting from the refurbishment process.
- Radiator Renovator will inform the customer of the nature of any damage (should this occur) and the probable reason for the damage within 7 days of the damage occurring. The customer will be informed verbally.
- In the case of work stopped due to damage the customer will pay for all work undertaken up to that point within 7 days of the damage being reported to the customer.
- In the unlikely event of a fault being discovered only after all refurbishment work has been undertaken the customer will be responsible for the full refurbishment charge.
- Radiator Renovator will retain damaged items for inspection by the customer
- The customer will be responsible for arranging for the inspection, collection, delivery or disposal of damaged radiator(s) within 7 days of the damage being reported.
- Radiator Renovator will dispose of any damaged radiator(s) in any way it deems necessary in the event of conditions 10, 11 & 13 not being met.
- Deposits will be used to cover any costs incurred by Radiator Renovator and/or any subcontractor.
- The customer will be responsible for payment of any cost to Radiator Renovator and/or any subcontractor not covered by the deposit.
- If no work is undertaken Radiator Renovator will return the deposit in full, less cost of pick up (if incurred by Radiator Renovator).
- Radiator Renovator accepts no liability for any ancillary (full or part) attached or belonging to to any radiator delivered to our workshop.
- No returns can be accepted for customers own radiators and no guarantee is offered or implied.
- Radiator Renovator cannot be held responsible for the cost of original delivery, pick up or associated plumbing costs. the customer must cover the cost of removal, return to Radiator Renovator, re-delivery and re-fitting where agreed.
We do accept returns under certain circumstances. However, we are unable to guarantee pre-used radiators. When making your decision to purchase an original pre-used radiator you should bear in mind that they are very old and this may carry a slight risk of a latent fault. The purchaser should be prepared to accept this risk when purchasing a pre-used radiator.
This acknowledged, we really do want you to enjoy your original radiator and we work very hard to make sure your radiator reaches you in the best condition possible. All our radiators are inspected and pressure tested before they leave us.
However we do accept that very rarely, despite everyone’s best efforts, sometimes things can go wrong. In view of this we will accept a return of your radiator within a set timescale should you discover a serious fault.
- The customer is responsible for inspecting any item immediately upon receipt. Radiator Renovator must be informed of any problem within 3 days of receiving your item. Thereafter Radiator Renovator will not be responsible for any damage or shortage that would have been apparent upon reasonable inspection.
- Radiator Renovator will not, under any circumstance be responsible for any damage or shortage that can be reasonably attributed to a third party.
- Returns resulting from leaks caused by faults can only be accepted within 14 days from the date of purchase.
- Returns can only be accepted and refunds can only be given in the event of a serious fault in the item. This does not include faults that can be easily rectified by the use of a small amount of touch up paint or the application of off the shelf sealing products and careful tightening of reduction bush, end plug or bleed valve fittings wherever possible.
- Our returns policy includes any serious fault resulting in a leak from the main body of the radiator or any other serious fault falling outside the ability of any competent DIYer provided the item is returned within 14 days of the date of purchase.
- Refunds will not include the cost of original delivery, pick up or associated plumbing costs. The purchaser must cover the cost of removal, return, re-delivery and re-fitting.
- Refunds cannot be made without receipt of the faulty item.
- Radiator Renovator will not offer plumbing services and cannot be held responsible for breakages incurred during the fitting process (e.g. cracks resulting from over tightening of plugs and bushes, breakages resulting from mishandling, etc).
- In the unlikely event of a return Radiator Renovator will try and repair or replace your radiator with a similar one. If this is not possible Radiator Renovator will refund the full purchase price of the item if bought directly from Radiator Renovator.
- If bought via a third party outlet Radiator Renovator will try and replace it with a similar one or refund the full purchase price of the item less any commission charged by that third party.
- Delivery costs are not covered in our return policy
- Timescales may be extended at the absolute discretion of Radiator Renovator. Extensions to timescales must be confirmed in writing by Radiator Renovator.
- Other exceptional return arrangements may be agreed at the absolute discretion of Radiator Renovator. Exceptional return arrangements must be agreed and confirmed in writing by Radiator Renovator.
- Exceptional return arrangements may be subject to a restocking charge or an administration fee. Such fees must be agreed and accepted by the customer before exceptional arrangements are applied.
Download >>Terms & Conditions